Hi, Southampton! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening around town. Here we are.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wind in the morning. High: 74, low: 60.
Here are today’s top stories in Southampton:
- “Southampton City Council has unanimously passed resolutions which allow the 2022 holiday calendar to be amended to include the celebration of June 19 on Monday, June 20.” All town halls will be closed. (Southampton Town – Government via Facebook)
- For Father’s Day weekend, Splish Splash Water Park held a flat stomach contest. Anton Younes of Riverhead took first place this year, winning a season ticket and tickets to a Long Island Ducks game! (News 12 Brooklyn)
- A new inclusive book, “Fire Island: A Century in the Life of an American Paradise” by British author Jack Parlett, advocates the “Strange side of Fire Island by telling the resort’s story through the eyes of renowned authors.” (New York Daily News)
From my notebook:
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: “This is 𝗔𝗴𝗻𝗲𝘀! She’s an adorable little girl who was found wandering. She can’t wait to find a fun and loving family to give her a forever home. 𝗔𝗴𝗻𝗲𝘀 is ready for adventure and tons of hugs. She also gets along with others.” (Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation via Facebook) (Website)
- Civic Council of Noyac: “From Senator Anthony Palumbo: Special STAR rebate checks for homeowners are on the way. If you qualify for STAR or Enhanced STAR, the New York State Department of Taxation has started issuing rebate checks and expects most owners to receive them before.” (Civic Council of Noyac via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Ephemeral exhibition of paintings by CG Sammis (June 23)
- Music for a Cause – Maureen’s Haven 20th Anniversary Benefit (June 23)
- Exhibition of vintage and classic automobiles (June 25)
- Pony Rides to Benefit Stony Hill Stables Foundation Equestrian Scholarships (June 26)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
That’s all for today. I will see you soon!
— Diane Witek
About me: Passionate writer, Website designer, Social Media Marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Southampton Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org